Tuesday, October 5, 2010

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial Birthday Party

The night of the party was really chilly so we had blankets hanging over the picket fence for guests who forgot their own.  I had a path of Reese’s Pieces leading guests from the driveway to the gate.  On the gate, I had a framed picture of my son from his E.T. inspired photo shoot.  I also had glow sticks hanging from each side, so that everyone could easily find the gate once it got dark.  I used pictures from the photo shoot and from our vacation and made a pre-movie video for the guests to watch while we were opening gifts.  It was a great night for an outside movie party—even though it was chilly.  There was just something magical about watching E.T. outside, surrounded by the woods and underneath a starry sky.  My only regret is that once the party started, I went into host mode and didn’t get any pictures of kids running around with their glow sticks or of my 2 ½ year old daughter walking hand in hand with her little friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment